Tuesday 7 June 2016

Hands: A Poem

Do you ever feel like you are on your own?

Even in a room full of people do you feel alone?

Sometimes I feel so confined

To the world inside my mind

I’ve tried to bring with me all that I love

But it’s just a shadow of the real world above.

Then one day,

I found another way.

I came to this circle with my misunderstandings of struggles, identities, inside, outside

My brain full of questions like “did I belong or didn’t I?”

But I entered any way

And I got a real surprise that day.

It was a hand

Yep, just a hand,

No big deal, I’ve seen a lot of hands in my time,

But this one, this one was reaching for mine.

And what do you know? My hand responded with a mind of its own

There were two hands there, holding on across some fuzzy no man’s zone

Wow, we were truly together,

But we didn’t even know each other

There’s something about hands

Those reaching fingers like powerful connecting bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment