Tuesday 7 June 2016

My Dad, A Tree: A Poem (Warning: Swear Word)

And just to shake things up a bit
This one's not about the tree now is it?
This one's for my Dad.
You know he sometimes made me oh so mad,
Yet he was like my own personal pine tree
Staying strong and safe
And  pointing up consistently
Like a tree he was there for me from start to fin
And he always listened when I would talk
But like a tree, when there was something I could learn from him
Well that's when I'd up and go take a walk
And my biggest regret now that he's gone
Is that we never really talked one on one
It's like these trees that we just ignore
Even though giving us OXYGEN is their daily chore
And it really kind of has to stop me
I mean, If I ignored my dad, and I ignore this tree
Who else am I forgetting to listen to?
And how much more shit could this get me into?

No comments:

Post a Comment