Tuesday 7 June 2016

Symbolism: Poetic Prose

I once saw a sky that was full of stars, just like this one is. However, everything between the stars was different. It was still black, but it somehow seemed more solid. It was capable of covering up the stars and almost choking out their flames. 

I once saw a rose bush where none of the flowers were connected to the stems. They would appear in the air above, float there for a moment, like a very calm humming bird and then shrivel and die because no nutrients could get to them.

I once met a person who seemed to live without language.  I kept thinking I must just not be using the right words. I tried everything I could think of, I even used American Sign Language and a variety of written languages, but I could not get any sort of response. I will never know if they understood anything I ever said.

I once climbed to the top of a very tall mountain and met a person who had lived there for  so long that they had forgotten where they had originally come from. All they could remember is that one day they had reached the top, seen the glory, and decided to never leave again. What else even mattered? "Don't you have a family?" I yelled, but they didn't answer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment